Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sugar Is Only Bad For You If You Eat It

, , , , , | Working | December 24, 2019

This is one of the reasons why I loved working late nights at the supermarket, especially the bakery section.

The day before Christmas, we’ve baked a ton of the local traditional breakfast/lunch bread. All six of us are now packing them, and each one is packed with a complimentary sugar packet.

Naturally, some of these get damaged, so on the bench where we add these, an impressive layer of powdered sugar has accumulated.

Normally, our shift would end when the store closes at 10:00 pm, but around 11:30 we’re finally getting started on the last batch.

We’re tired, and getting a bit bored.

One coworker says he knows a way to get a little boost. He grabs one of those big bread knives, scrapes a bunch of the powdered sugar into a line, taps the knife across it as though he’s cutting cocaine, bends towards it while closing one nostril… and the manager walks around the corner!

The manager looks at him, gives a sarcastic sigh, and says, “Do whatever you have to, as long as those breads are packed before you leave,” and walks on.

Once we can breathe again without laughing, we finish the work and go home feeling fantastic.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!