Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Ring To Ruin Them All, Part 2

| Romantic | April 5, 2013

(My best friend and I are discussing some last minute details for his wedding happening in a week. As his best man, I’ve been trying to help him out; he is rather clueless about anything wedding related.)

Me: “Just one quick question: do you want me to hold on to [fiancée]’s wedding ring until the wedding, or will you remember to bring it on Saturday?”

Friend: “Um, [fiancée] already has it. I guess you would take it from her before the ceremony begins.”

Me: “You already gave her the wedding ring? Dude, you’re supposed to wait until the wedding to give that to her!”

Friend: “Well, what else was I supposed to propose to her with? Besides, she loves that thing; she hardly takes it off.”

Me: “Wait… the ring that she is wearing right now, the one that you proposed to her with, the one with the stone in it; that is her engagement ring. I’m talking about the ring you’re going to give her at the wedding, the ring she wears in addition to her engagement ring.”

Friend: “Holy s***, you mean I have to buy her two rings?!”

(Instead of a bachelor party, me and the fellow groomsmen take him to a local jeweler, and each pitch in to buy a wedding band for his bride-to-be.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!