Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Suffering From Organic Failure

, , , , | Right | April 15, 2014

(I work in a photo lab as well as sales. We often get students from the local college picking up their film and photo paper from us since we give specialty bulk deals to students and teachers. One afternoon, I am working the lab on my own when I spot a customer wandering through the paper aisle. She looks confused and slightly annoyed, so I decide to try and help, as the other salespeople are busy.)

Me: “Hi there! Is there anything I can help you with?”

Customer: “Where do you keep your organic black and white photo paper?”

Me: “I’m sorry, organic photo paper?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “As in… black and white darkroom photo paper that is not chemically treated?”

(I’m confused by this, as photo paper is always chemically treated. Photos are developed in darkrooms through a chemical reaction process.)

Customer: “Yes. I would like to find some for my Photo 101 class I’m taking this fall. Should be a hoot! I’m vegan, which is why I ask.”

Me: *dumbfounded* “Right.”

Customer: “Also, where do you keep…” *checks list* “…darkroom developer and fixer?”

Me: “On your right, the big brown bottles. They’ll be labeled.”

(She walks over and finds them. When she reads the labels, she frowns.)

Customer: “Wait… These have chemicals. I asked for organic ones!”

Me: “You want organic photo developer and fixer?”

Customer: “Yes! Why is that so hard to understand?!”

Me: “Ma’am, I think you’re a bit ahead of the curve on that front. But if you can be the first to develop it, I’ll be the first in line to buy.”


This story is part of our Vegan Roundup!

Read the next Vegan Roundup story!

Read the Vegan Roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!