Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Suddenly, Parenting Goes Out The Window

, | Right | March 22, 2014

(I work in a call centre for a company that does roadside assistance for cars that have either broken down or need a tow. We also provide a free service to get babies out of locked cars as this is classed as an emergency situation. It is one of the hottest days of summer.)

Me: “Could I please start with your registration or membership card number.”

Caller: “I’VE LOCKED MY BABY IN THE CAR! SHE’S ONLY A MONTH OLD! PLEASE, HELP!”

Me: “Okay. First of all, I need your location and the make and model of your car.”

Caller: “I’m at [popular shopping centre] and my car is [Expensive Brand] [newest model sedan].”

Me: “Due to these cars being so new our patrols cannot open them from the outside and will have to smash a window. The windscreen would be the safest, as it is the cheapest to replace and also the furthest away from the baby.”

Caller: “NO! THIS IS A BRAND NEW CAR! YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK THE DOOR!”

Me: “I’m sorry but I have sent two patrols to your location. They will smash the window to get the baby out as it is a hot day and the temperature in the car could kill the baby!”

Caller: “I DON’T CARE! YOU ARE NOT SMASHING THE WINDOW!”

Me: “Okay. Well, the patrols should be there within five minutes. Please wait by the car and stay calm.” *hangs up*

(I immediately call the police and ambulance so they can attend the scene as well. I later hear that the lady attacked the patrol officer when he tried to smash the window, all while screaming and swearing about her new car. The police promptly arrested her for assault and endangering a child, and the windscreen was broken to get the baby out.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!