Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Suddenly Got Personal

| Right | June 24, 2015

(A customer calls our copy shop with an order for several large format color copies. The problem is that she absolutely refuses to set foot in the store to submit, pay for, or pick up the order, and she claims that our submission website is not working for her.)

Me: “Well, ma’am, do you have a [Store Name] credit card?”

Customer: “Yes, I do.”

Me: “Perfect! That’s the one type of card I am authorized to take over the phone, so we’ll just have you pay with that. I’ll set up your order from here with the files you emailed, and then give you a call when I’m ready to start the payment process.”

Customer: “Sounds great!”

(I spend two hours and miss my lunch setting up her order with our third-party vendor, which requires me to upload 24 images separately and keep their sizes consistent. Normally I wouldn’t go through the trouble, but the profit on this order was sizeable.)

Me: “Ma’am? We’re ready to start the payment process, all right?”

Customer: “All right, the card number is [number].”

Me: “Okay, the machine is asking for a driver’s license number to verify your identity.”

Customer: “Oh, well, I don’t want to do that. This is a corporate account and I don’t just want to give out my personal information.”

Me: “…I, uh… I don’t really have any other option here, ma’am.”

Customer: “Oh, well, just cancel the whole order, then! Goodbye!” *click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!