Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Studying Post-Grammatic Stress

, , , | Right | May 23, 2010

(I work for the university psychology department where several labs have students participate in experiments. A girl is wandering around the hall looking lost.)

Me: “Excuse me, but you look a little lost. Can I help you find something?”

Volunteer: “Yeah, I signed up to participate in an experiment, but I don’t remember which one or what the requirements were.”

Me: “All right, that’s fine. We can look you up on one of our computers. Can I have your name?”

Volunteer: “[Name].”

(I go to the office computer and find her name, the experiment, and the requirements.)

Me: “Well, it looks like you’re going to be in the lab down the hall and the only requirement is that you should be a native English speaker.”

Volunteer: “Oh, but I don’t know that language.”

Me: “What language?”

Volunteer: “Native English. I’m not familiar with that language, only regular English. I’ll just go tell them I can’t do it. Thanks!”


This story is part of the Bad With English roundup!

Read the next Bad With English roundup story!

Read the Bad With English roundup!


This story is part of the American States roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!