Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Stuck In A Silly Land(line)

| Working | July 20, 2014

(My friend works in his family’s computing business, and sometimes they allow him and his friends to hang out in the office outside of business hours. However, he still has to answer the phone in case there’s a problem. It’s a Saturday, and we’re all chatting when the office phone rings.)

Employee: “Hello? Yes? What would this be regarding, please?”

(He listens for a while, as the rest of us sit there confused. He starts smirking.)

Employee: “Oh. My landline service provider? Yeah, he’s really nice. Tastes like oranges.”

(Catching on, we’re starting to giggle. He keeps going, sounding as professional and well-spoken as he possibly can.)

Employee: “Yeah, yeah. We pay him in strawberries. It’s really the best way to do it.”

(We have no idea what’s happening on the other end, but we’re all quietly cracking up as he comes out with the most ridiculous things he can. I have to go and sit at the other end of the room to calm down, but I can still hear him.)

Employee: “… and anyway, we don’t have a landline. Yes, I’ll stop wasting your time now. Bye!”

(I’m still not sure what they were trying to sell, but apparently the telemarketer was laughing as hard as we were!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!