Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taking The Red Eye

| Related | January 28, 2014

(I am 12 years old. My family is flying home after a vacation. Our hotel has an arcade in it, with tickets to exchange for prizes. I get just enough to get a toy eye that rolls around and will always look up. My mom tells me to not take it out on the plane, but I figure they’ll never know since our seats aren’t next each other. Unfortunately, it slips out of my hands and rolls off somewhere. My mom notices me fidgeting a little seeing if I can find it.)

Mom: “What’s wrong?”

Me: “I dropped my eye!”

Mom: “I told you not to take it out!”

(The passengers next to me start to look sick. I haven’t looked at them yet, so they seem to think it’s like a glass eye. You could also hear murmurs from the front of the plane of people discussing how someone can lose their eye. The flight attendant comes over.)

Flight Attendant: “Is there something wrong?”

Me: “I lost my eye!”


This story is part of our Terrible Airline Passengers roundup!

Read the next Terrible Airline Passengers roundup story!

Read the Terrible Airline Passengers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!