Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Store – Bad Customer = Happy

, , , , , , | Right | February 11, 2009

(This incident happened right before we closed on Christmas Eve. A woman has purchased a shirt and a pair of pants. I ring her purchase and tell her the total.)

Me: “That’ll be $39.98.”

Customer: “WHAT? No, no, no. That’s not right. No. How much was the shirt?”

Me: “$12.99. The pants were $26.99.”

Customer: “NO, THEY WEREN’T! They were $12.99, just like the pants! I got them from right over THERE!” *violently stabs her finger in the direction of the rack*

Me: *sighs* “Okay, hold on one second, ma’am… I’ll check.

Customer: *to coworker* “I’m about to put this b**** on blast, you watch.”

(I read the sign and confirm that the shirts on one side of the rack are $12.99, but the pants on the other are $26.99. This is also written out on the sale sign.)

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but the sign says right here that the pants are $26.99.”

Customer: “What?! Well how was I supposed to know that? I saw $12.99 so I thought $12.99! I don’t read letters, I only read numbers!”

Me: “Well… our signs have both letters and numbers, and you have to read both to understand the sale.”

Customer: “No way am I paying $26.99 for these pants! Change it!”

Me: “It’s not our error, ma’am. The sign is correctly written and posted on the correct rack, even in the correct position. There’s nothing I can do.”

Customer: *slapping counter* “FINE. There’s no reason why I should have to read signs! I only read numbers, not letters!”


This story is part of the Christmas Eve roundup!

Read the next Christmas Eve roundup story!

Read the Christmas Eve roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!