Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Stealing The Grinch’s Plan To Steal Christmas

| Working | December 26, 2015

(Two months before Christmas, I request either the two days before Christmas, or the two days after, so I can see my family. I’m a student and haven’t been home for Christmas for two years. Weeks later, when the Christmas schedule comes out, I am scheduled for both the 24th and the 26th.)

Me: *to the store manager* “I asked for two days off before or after Christmas.”

Manager: “I am short-staffed, so I need you for both.”

Me: “I can work one or the other, but I need to see my family.”

Manager: *shrugs his shoulders* “I am the Grinch who stole Christmas.”

(On the 21st, after finishing my shift, I visit the store manager.)

Me: “I am just letting you know it is my last day. I will no longer be working here, and you now need to find someone for both before and after Christmas. I am really the Grinch who stole Christmas.”

(I had a great holiday with my family, and when school started again next term, I got a much better job at school working for a professor. I have never needed to even list that position on my resume, nor needed any recommendation from them. I only hope he learned how to no longer act like an uncaring a** to other student employees.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!