Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Started Suspecting After The Ferrari FU9000

| Working | September 26, 2014

(I answer the telephone at my work and get scam calls all the time. Instead of trying to call them out on their scam I decide I would scam them back instead.)

Scammer: “Hello. I am calling from [Well Known Photocopy Manufacturer] to confirm that we have updated information on file. Can you tell me the make and model of your photocopier?”

Me: “Certainly I can help you with that! It’s a Bugatti FU7510.”

Scammer: “Bu- Errrr, I’m sorry. Could you repeat that, please?”

Me: “Bugatti FU7510.”

Scammer: “Hmmmm, I don’t seem to have that on my list. Are you sure that’s correct?”

Me: “Oh, yes. The machine is right in front of me and it clearly says Bugatti FU7510.”

Scammer: “That is strange. I have never heard of a model called Bugatti before.”

Me: “Really? Well we’ve had this machine for a few years now and it’s the best one we’ve ever had. Very, very fast and quite stylish, too!”

Scammer: “Really? Okay, well I’ve made note of it. Thank you.”

Me: “Oh you are MOST welcome! Have a great day!!”

(Every time they call I come up with some name for the make and model off the top of my head but I always start the model number with ‘FU’ for obvious reasons.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!