Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Squirrelling Around The Goth In The Room

, , , , , , , | Hopeless | June 8, 2017

(I’m visiting my favorite zoo and walking around the nature pond when I see a scary-looking, gothy couple — leather jackets, crazy, bright blue hair, piercings and safety pins everywhere, the works. I’m a little nervous… until I see the guy pull a bag out of his pocket, bend down, and start feeding the squirrels! This is clearly pretty routine, as at least three squirrels come up and start eating right out of his hand, while the girl takes notes. Seeing how curious I am, they invite me to try, too, and I soon have squirrels very delicately taking sunflower seeds and acorns out of my palm.)

Girl: “I’m a biology major, and I’m doing a survey of these guys as part of my thesis. [Boyfriend] is kind enough to help me out, and the squirrels around here are so tame, it makes it easy to take measurements.”

Me: “That’s pretty awesome. I will admit that I was a little nervous at first when you walked up.”

Girl: “It’s the hair, isn’t it?”

(I nod and she laughs.)

Girl: “I’m starting an internship in six months that I’ll have to look normal for, so I’m getting all the crazy fashion choices out of the way now.”

Guy: “I work from home. I always look this way!”

Girl: “Yeah, I know, don’t rub it in. I’ll have to re-dye my hair and lose the piercings soon enough!”

(They were an absolutely sweet couple, and they told me more about urban squirrel populations than I ever knew existed. Guess you can’t tell by looking!)


This story is part of our Squirrel roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

10 Hilarious Stories About Monkeys And Bad Customers Monkeying Around

 

Read the next Squirrel roundup story!

Read the Squirrel roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!