Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Spoken Like A True New Jerseyan

, , | Right | July 17, 2008

(A tall man in his 30’s walks in after I had told him over the intercom three times that we are a prepay station AND he read the sign on the pumps stating that as well.)

Me: “Afternoon! Can I help you?”

Man: “Yeah, I noticed that you don’t have the card sliders on the pumps. Do you know when you’re going to get those?”

Me: “Sir, I’m fairly confident we’re not getting those anytime soon.”

Man: “Oh. Well, in that case, I’m going to get in my car and drive away without buying your gasoline. In fact, I’m never coming back here again!”

(Note that I have never seen this man before and I recognize all my regular customers.)

Me: “Okay, sir.”

Man: “How exactly does that make you feel?!”

Me: “Well sir, to be honest with you, you’re not the first person that has tried to dampen my day. The fact of the matter is, you can’t dampen my day any worse than it already is when I have to show up here. You’re just one more customer I don’t ever have to hear yell at me again.”

Man: “F*** you and your gas pumps! Thank God people aren’t this rude in New Jersey!”


This story is part of the Customers Bluffing roundup!

Read the next Customers Bluffing roundup story!

Read the Customers Bluffing roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!