Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Speaking Good Fortune Into Being

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: viodox0259 | February 15, 2021

I work in a casino. One of the tables that we’ve had for a couple of years has a progressive jackpot that has reached $100,000. The dealer at the table is pretty lonely. Nobody really plays the game because people know it is extremely difficult to win the jackpot. My memory is a tad foggy, but you somehow needed to flop the royal flush.

This young guy sits down and talks to the dealer.

Player: “[Dealer], if you pay me that jackpot, I will tip you $10,000.”

[Dealer] started dealing, and about a half-hour into his shift, he f****** did it. He dealt the young guy the royal. And you know something? This young lad kept his word, and he made sure there was an audience, and he tipped exactly $10,000. That was a moment right there.

The moment that jackpot was awarded, they got rid of the table because the money it was making was not near what the casino wanted. I’m sure there have been bigger tips at other casinos, but that was something special.


This story is part of our Feel Good roundup for February 2021!

Read the next Feel Good roundup for February 2021 story!

Read the Feel Good roundup for February 2021!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!