Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sour Cream, Emphasis On “Sour”

, , , , | Right | December 11, 2021

I was working at a fast food restaurant over twenty-five years ago.

Customer: “I’d like ten tacos with sour cream.”

The sour cream add-on was fifty cents. A taco supreme is a regular taco with sour cream and tomatoes, and that’s only thirty cents more.

Without consulting my oh-so-smart and mathematically inclined customer, I added ten taco supremes with no tomatoes.

Customer: “That’s not what I ordered!”

Me: “It’s the same thing, but it will save you two dollars on your order.”

Customer: “Well… the customer is always right!”

So, I called my manager and went to go do some dishes. He refunded them the order and demanded payment for the extra $2 and change. The customer took umbrage.

Customer: “Why is it so much more expensive?”

My manager explained to them how math works and explained that I was trying to help save them money but they yelled and screamed at me.

Manager: “So… you’re right. You wanted ten tacos plus sour cream, so you owe us $2 plus tax.”

The customer paid and stared daggers at me while I was cleaning the floor. As a final “f*** you” to me, the customer purposefully wiped all the extra lettuce and cheese on the floor and stomped on it to seal in the flavor. People are really stupid sometimes.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!