Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sounds Like This Mom Doesn’t Play Well With Others

, , , , | Friendly | May 30, 2022

When I was in middle school, I remember my friend and I were at the park after a fun day at the pool. There was another family there, and their two kids were playing on the playground. These kids were much younger than us — maybe four years old?

In our town, we have a restriction on the age older kids can play on the playsets when other kids are around. This age happened to be fourteen. My friend and I were both thirteen, but we were super considerate of this other family’s kids. We steered clear of bumping into them and other things of the sort.

We were on the swings when their mother came up to us.

Mother: “Are you kidding me? Why are you on the playset when my babies are on there? You could get them hurt!”

Friend: “We were avoiding your kids for the same reason, ma’am, and could you please get out of our personal space?”

By this time, she was in our faces while complaining. Her husband was just watching and kind of looks ashamed.

Mother: “Yeah, well, you guys shouldn’t be here! The limit is fourteen, and I know you guys are older than that!”

Friend: “Actually, [My Name] and I are both thirteen. I have my ID on me if you want to see it.”

My friend started pulling out her ID from her wallet. The lady huffed and left before she could even see it. The family left five minutes later, and we had the ground to ourselves.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!