Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sounds Like The New Owners Aren’t Taking Ownership

, , | Working | April 4, 2022

I worked at a seasonal ice cream restaurant. At the end of the season, I expected to return and work under the same boss. We opened in February, but then my boss sold the business to a friend of his. He asked me two different times if I was sure I would work for the new bosses. I said I would.

Fast forward a few months, to June or July. I was pissed because we were understaffed and had only two people up front during a very busy night. We usually have three people up front, but the new bosses were cheap and worked us all very hard.

The two new bosses and their twenty-four-year-old son were having a meeting in the office to discuss acquiring the pizza business next door. In the office, they had video screens with two cameras viewing us and another one viewing the line, and they still refused to help us.

When they eventually emerged, they asked me:

Owners: “What’s wrong? You look upset.”

I just kept a straight face and said nothing. I got a text after the shift ended saying that I was rude and should open up more.

This wasn’t the first time, either.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!