Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sounds Like Their Brain Is Leaking, Too

, , , | Right | February 10, 2018

(I work at a car dealership in the service department. Right before long weekends, we are always booked up with plenty of appointments, so if you don’t book early enough, you will not be getting your vehicle in.)

Me: *answering the phone* “Hi! [Car Dealership] service department. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Hello, I am [Customer]. What is wrong with my vehicle?”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. What?”

Customer: “I need to know what’s wrong with my vehicle; it is leaking.”

Me: “Well, sir, what is it leaking?”

Customer: “I don’t know… Fluid.”

Me: “Well, if you make an appointment and bring the vehicle in, we can check that out for you.”

Customer: “So, you can’t tell me what’s wrong with my vehicle?”

Me: “No, sir. We would need to see the vehicle.”

Customer: “Fine, I will bring it in Tuesday.”

Me: “I am sorry, sir, but we are currently booking the week after next week.”

Customer: “No, I will bring it in this coming Tuesday.”

Me: “Sir, we are already completely booked up for that day; the fastest I can get you in is the following Tuesday.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous. I have been a customer here for ten years, and this is how you treat me? You can’t even tell me what’s wrong with my vehicle; why should I bring it in to be fixed? For all I know, it’s not even broken!”

Me: “Sir, you called and told us the issue.”

Customer: “Regardless, you will have to move someone out of their spot to fit me in, as I am a return customer of ten years.”

Me: “I am sorry, but that is not how this works. I cannot move someone who called earlier and tell them I need to move their appointment.”

Customer: “YOU LISTEN HERE! THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH; I AM A DOCTOR AND I NEED MY VEHICLE FIXED!”

Me: “I am sorry, sir, but regardless of your profession, I cannot move your appointment up any further than the following Tuesday. Would you like me to book that in?”

Customer: “LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING. I DO NOT NEED TO TELL YOU WHOSE JOB, BETWEEN US, IS MORE IMPORTANT, DO I?”

Me: “No, you do not; however, it doesn’t change the fact that I cannot diagnose your issue without seeing the vehicle, and I cannot get your appointment to happen any faster.”

Customer: “PEOPLE WILL DIE, AND IT’S YOUR FAULT! I HOPE YOU CAN LIVE WITH THAT!”

(The customer then hung up. At this point everyone in service was staring at me because they could hear this very angry customer screaming at me over the phone.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!