Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Sorting Hat Must Have Been Wrong About Her

, , , , , , | Right | October 4, 2017

(I work at a retail store that sells lots of geeky merchandise for rather high prices. One day, a group of kids come in who are very excited. They spend about 15 minutes looking around the shop and choosing what they want, and then they come up to the counter. I ring them up and it comes to about $60. The oldest one, a girl, looks about 16 and is using a card to pay for everything she and her siblings are purchasing. It all goes well, and we joke about Harry Potter, as she’s wearing a Slytherin scarf, and they leave the store. Ten minutes later, they come back, looking a little apprehensive.)

Oldest Girl: “Umm, hi. We were checking our receipt, and we realised we weren’t charged for something.”

(I almost do a double-take; this is opposite of what I expected. She pulls out a stuffed Pokéball, which I remember being part of her stuff, and the receipt.)

Oldest Girl: “This wasn’t on our receipt.”

(I check the receipt twice, and she’s right; I forgot to ring it up. Unfortunately, it’s store policy not to give discounts or free items except during a sale, so I have to ring it up as well.)

Me: “Thanks, mate. I don’t think too many people would have come back.”

Oldest Girl: *nervous smile* “Oh, it’s nothing.”

(She paid and left with her siblings. I was really impressed, and was glad to see that kids have the honesty and integrity to come back, especially seeing as I’ve seen far worse from people older than her.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!