Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Has A Sixth Sense For These Things

| Romantic | October 19, 2016

(My boyfriend and I decide to sit down and finally watch a highly popular drama series about hackers in order to catch up with the current season. A couple mutual friends had been raving about it and it recently won a prestigious television award, so we’re both really excited to get into it. We’re watching the second episode when I notice something. It should be noted that I am completing a degree in Film Studies.)

Me: “Oh… d***.”

Boyfriend: *gives me a worried look* “Something wrong?”

Me: “No, it’s just… I may have unintentionally spoiled an important plot point for myself.”

Boyfriend: *surprised* “What, really?”

Me: “Maybe? There’s a chance I could be wrong, but now that I’ve seen it it’s going to bug me… Hold on, I’m gonna check in with [Friend]!”

(Since I’m pretty sure that I’m right and don’t want to spoil the show for my boyfriend I text one of our friends who has watched already. They confirm my suspicion and it turns out to be a major plot twist for the series. The damage is done but I keep watching with a fresh pair of eyes and see the show from a different angle, which actually enhances the experience rather than kills it! Eventually the plot twist is revealed near the end of the season and my boyfriend is reeling is surprise.)

Me: *smiles*

Boyfriend: “Wait, why aren’t you reacting? This is huge!”

Me: “Um, do you remember when we started watching and I thought I uncovered a major plot point?”

Boyfriend: “Yes?”

Me: *point to screen*

Boyfriend: “Are you kidding me? You figured it out THEN?? How?”

Me: “I’ve studied Secret Window, Fight Club, The Sixth Sense, and many Shyamalan films! All the clues were there in plain sight! It’s the curse all film students must bear!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!