Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sorry, But We Can’t Serve You ATM

, , , , | Right | June 30, 2020

I’m working car-side service at a fairly nice Italian restaurant.

Me: “Ciao, thank you for calling [Restaurant].”

Customer: “Do you take debit cards? Because I’ve been all over the place and nobody accepts debit cards.”

Me: “Really? Yeah, we accept debit cards. Most of our transactions are debit or credit.”

Customer: “Okay.”

The customer places an order. When she pulls up to the building, she hands me a card that looks a little off. I try to run it, but I get a weird error message. Finally, I notice “ATM CARD” written down the side of the card.

Me: “Oh, I see what the problem is. This isn’t a debit card; it’s an ATM card. You can only use this at an ATM.”

Customer: “No, you stupid b****, it’s a D-E-B-I-T card! When I was at the bank, they called it a debit card.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but it’s clearly labeled ATM.”

Customer: “You’re just a dumb b****; you don’t know what you’re talking about. You shouldn’t have told me that you accept debit cards if you don’t. This is a debit card! The bank said this is a debit card. You need to learn to do your job.”

Customer’s Friend: “Whatever, I’m too hungry for this. Here’s cash; just give us our food.”

They glared at me as I walked back outside with their food and nearly ran over my foot driving off.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!