Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sorry But I’m Write About This

, , , | Right | February 26, 2021

I’m working at a thrift store when a call comes in.

Caller: “Do you happen to have bed frames?”

Me: “Unfortunately, no. We had to stop taking them in after a bedbug scare.”

My skin still itches from this nightmarish memory.

Caller: “Do you know any other thrift stores that do?”

Me: “I’ve heard that [Other Thrift Store] does. You could try them. I have their phone number here.”

Caller: “Oh, no, I have mobility issues. It would be easier if you would just transfer me.”

Me: “Ah, no, ma’am. I can’t transfer you.”

Caller: “Why not?!”

Me: “They aren’t affiliated with us. They are an entirely different chain, and they exist two miles down the road from us.”

Caller: “Then you’re just going to have to text me their number.”

Me: “I’m on a landline, ma’am. I can’t make texts.”

Caller: “Fine, fine. I will hold while you go get your personal phone and text me the phone number.”

Oh, heck no! I’m not letting a strange woman get a hold of my personal cell phone number! I’ve seen enough creepy stories on websites to know better than that!

Me: “Ma’am, I have a flip phone. You’re just going to have to pick up a pencil and write it.”

Caller: *Angry* “Do you not understand that I have mobility issues?! Writing is physically painful for me!”

I am annoyed but trying to be sympathetic.

Me: “I do understand, ma’am. Now, do you not understand that writing down the number is your only option unless you look it up on your own phone?”

She huffed and she puffed, but finally, after a lot of clattering and scrabbling, she begrudgingly wrote down the number I gave her. I went slowly and made double sure that she had the number correct before wishing her a good evening.

The last thing I heard before she hung up was, “Customer service is really lacking.”

Unfortunately, even if she was telling the truth about her mobility, she really didn’t have much in the way of options.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!