Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Something Smells Fishy, Part 3

, , , , , | Right | August 18, 2011

Customer: “Last night, I was drunk on a boat and I threw my phone overboard. Now it is on the bottom of the lake. Can you send someone to pick it up for an exchange?”

Me: “I thought I heard you said it is on the bottom of a lake.”

Customer: “Yes, it is. Can you send someone?”

Me: “No, we cannot send someone to the bottom of the lake to pick it up. Also, since you don’t have your phone, we can’t exchange it.”

Customer: “But I do have it, it’s in the bottom of the lake.”

Me: “Then, you don’t have it.”

Customer: “But, I do have it. I mean, it’s not in my hands but I know where it is, so it counts as if I had it.”

Me: “No, it doesn’t, sir. Besides, we need to have the phone first in order to send you a replacement.”

Customer: “I do have it. It’s at the bottom of the lake!”

Me: “The warranty doesn’t cover liquid damage.”

Customer: “How do you know it has liquid damage?”

Me: “The phone is at the bottom of a lake!”


This story is part of the Boating roundup!

Read the next Boating roundup story!

Read the Boating roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!