Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Something OFF About This Guest

, , , , , , | Right | December 26, 2022

A woman and her daughter come to check into their room at our hotel. The woman is immediately looking to be an issue, complaining about everything she possibly can. I give them their room key and send them on their way.

About a minute later, the phone rings, and it’s the woman calling from her room. She sounds livid.

Guest: “The air conditioning unit in my room is not working!”

Me: “Have you tried turning it on and changing the temperature to see if anything happens?”

Guest: “Of course, I tried that! Nothing happened!”

I go to her room, and within thirty seconds of being there, I locate the ON/OFF switch on the AC unit and flip it to ON. The unit turns on, surprise!

Thirty minutes later, I get another phone call. It’s her again.

Guest: *In a rage* “The DVD player isn’t working!”

I go to her room again and approach the DVD player. I find the ON/OFF button and turn the DVD player to ON. Voila! It works. Before leaving again, I turn to the lady.

Me: “Foiled by an ON/OFF switch two times in half an hour? This must not be your day.”

Her face started to get red, and I left before she could continue being a b**** to me.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!