Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Someone’s Got Her Unreturnable Panties In A Bunch

, , , | Right | CREDIT: Viking_Trash_Panda | September 12, 2021

A lady comes in right after Christmas with seven pairs of panties and three bras with no tags.

Customer: “These didn’t fit my niece after she tried them on.”

Me: *Politely* “I’m sorry, ma’am, but we have a no-return policy on intimates, and your receipt says it’s passed the thirty-day return date, as well. By policy, I can’t do anything.”

Customer: “These were a Christmas gift, and they didn’t work out, so I need to return them.”

She slams her large wallet onto the counter.

Me: *As politely as I can* “I’m sorry, ma’am, but it’s against store policy for me to do a return on worn intimates that are also past the thirty-day return date.”

Customer: “You mean you won’t give me my money back?”

Exasperated, she throws the panties in her hand onto the counter, and they slide so far that they almost fall off the other side.

I grimace at her and shrug in a way that says, “I’m sorry, there’s nothing I can do.”

Customer: “But you have to give me my money back. I can’t use these. She didn’t even wear them. Is there a manager I can talk to?”

She starts to get irate and shoves the bras at me.

Me: “Ma’am, I am a manager. There are no tags on these and they have been worn. You said your niece tried them on to find out they didn’t fit. This is—” *looks at the date on the receipt* “—a month and a half past the thirty-day return period.”

She starts to get loud, looking around for sympathy from other customers who are actually trying to avoid eye contact with her.

Customer: “But you have to!”

Me: “If I make this return, I could lose my job due to the health code violation alone. So, no. I will not do this return. In fact, here is my store manager now. Hey, boss lady? We don’t do returns on worn intimates, right?!”

My store manager walks up to the desk and stares this clearly angry customer down.

Manager: “No. We don’t. We even have signs everywhere saying we don’t. And if you’re going to argue with my assistant manager, you can kindly leave.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous! Do you guys see this?!”

The customer looks around to try to pull another customer onto her side, but everyone has decided to be interested in merchandise as far away from her as they can get. She throws a handful of the panties at me and huffs and grumbles.

Customer: “Really?!”

And she trudged out the door of our shop.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!