Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Someone Please Shatter The Triforce Of Chauvinism

| Working | September 26, 2012

(For my brother’s birthday, my parents have set up a treasure hunt all over the city. I am going with him. We’ve stopped in various businesses when the employees are excited to be included, giving us the clue and/or present my parents left and wishing my brother a happy birthday. Keep in mind my brother has a unisex name, while I am female.)

My Brother: “Oh, wow! I get to go to!”

Me: “Yeah, I wonder what the next clue is…”

My Brother: “Oh, crap! I have to go to the bathroom! You get the clue!”

(My brother runs off while I walk into the store and talk to the cashier.)

Me: “Hi, I was wondering if you have any notes for [brother’s name]?”

Male Cashier: “UGH, they left this for a GIRL?”

(The cashier holds up Skyward Sword, a very popular Zelda video game that my brother and I want.)

Me: “Despite the fact I really want that game, it’s for—”

Male Cashier: “I bet you only want it because your boyfriend plays it and you want to impress him! Do you even have a Wii?”

Me: “I am single, and of course, I have a Wii, PS2, Gamecube, and a 3DS. Can I have the game now?”

Male Cashier: “See?! You’re lying! There is no such thing as a Gamecube!”

Me: “Yes, there is. It just is outdated. Can I PLEASE have the game?”

(At this point, my brother comes running into the store.)

My Brother: “Oh, hey Sis! Did you get my game?”

(Seeing him, the cashier instantly hands the game to my brother.)

Male Cashier: “You’re lucky, sir! She almost stole your game!”

My Brother: *laughs* “Yeah, we both wanted this game for a while.”

Male Cashier: “LIES!  She thinks that a ‘Gamecube’ existed!”

My Brother: “It did. We have one.”

Male Cashier: “You’re lying! GAMECUBE NEVER EXISTED!”

(We ran as soon as we could out of there!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!