Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Someone Needs Some Coffee (Hold The Sugar)

, , , , | Healthy | March 28, 2021

At my medical office, we sometimes loan out glucose meters to new diabetic patients. They come with all the supplies and an instruction sheet, and I’m always careful to point out the “Error Messages” section: a series of codes that indicate problems like low battery, not enough specimen on the strip, etc. They then call in after the first few days of checking.

A patient calls in to report her blood sugar numbers.

Patient: “The first morning, when I woke up, it was 103.”

Me: “Okay, that sounds okay.”

Patient: “And then, after breakfast, it was 103.”

Me: “Huh, okay.”

Patient: “And then, after lunch, it was 103.”

Me: “Ma’am, were all your blood sugars 103?”

Patient: “Yes! I thought that was kind of odd, but that’s what it said.”

Me: “Can you turn the monitor on? Does it still say the same thing?”

Patient: “Yes, that’s all it’s ever said.”

Me: “Can you rotate it so it’s upside down?”

Patient:Ohhhhhh, could it be E01? I wondered why the [Brand] was upside down!”

After a new battery, all was well.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!