Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Someone Forgot To Install Their Brain

, , , | Right | July 28, 2018

(I work for a national office supply store that includes selling software licences. I have previously helped the customer find a product that meets his needs. He calls the store less than an hour later.)

Customer: “I bought this program less than an hour ago and it’s says it’s an invalid code.”

Me: “Software can take up to 24 hours to be fully usable.”

Customer: “But it says the code is invalid. I want a refund.”

Me: “Yes, sir. Until the code is verified by the vendor, it will say that.”

Customer: “I don’t think so. I want a refund.”

Me: “We don’t usually refund codes, as we cannot verify if they have been used. However, let me ask my duty manager.”

(My boss makes an exception and allows me to offer a refund.)

Me: “Okay, sir, my boss has authorised me to make a refund.”

(Less than an hour after, the customer comes in and I offer to troubleshoot the issue.)

Customer: “Someone told me that the code may have been hacked, and that’s why it doesn’t work.”

Me: “Who told you that?”

Customer: “Someone outside.”

Me: “It seems unlikely, as these codes aren’t valid until they are paid for.”

(I enter the code, and it immediately asks me to make an account to apply the code and download the program.)

Me: “It must have since been validated.”

Customer: “I don’t see how.”

Me: “Can you please log into your account or create a new one?”

(In the process of creating a new account and verifying his password to activate the software, he forgets his password.)

Customer: “I put in the right password.”

Me: “Okay, let me reset your password, and I will make you a simple password.”

(I activate the code and show the customer the software is available on his account. He leaves to download it at home. Thirty minutes later, I get a call.)

Customer: “The software isn’t there anymore.”

Me: “Okay, let me take you through the steps from beginning to end. Please type in this address and sign in. Please describe what you see.”

(The customer describes what he sees.)

Me: “Do you see an install button?”

Customer: “Yes, do I need to click that?”

Me: “Yes.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!