Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Things Sadly Never Chang(e)

| Right | August 24, 2014

(I was also dining at this restaurant and overhear this conversation. Keep in mind the server is Asian, but speaks perfect English with no accent and the customer is a man, ordering everything for his family of four.)

Customer: *orders eight different sushi rolls* “We’re in a BIG hurry. We need to order and eat fast!”

Server: “I understand, but sushi takes a long time to prepare as it’s made fresh after you order it. Most people are here for more than an hour. If you’re in a hurry, sushi is probably not the best choice for you.”

Customer: “Just put the d*** order in and hurry it up.”

(After the customers get their food and eat more than half it, he asks for the server’s manager.)

Customer: “I want to complain. We’ve been here for 45 minutes and we’re just now eating. We told him we were in a hurry and he said it was no problem and we’d be done within half an hour and now we’re late. I’m not going to pay for this.”

Manager: “I’m so sorry, sir. Sushi takes a long time to create.”

Customer: “Well, Chang here said…”

Server: “Chang?! My name is Steve!”

(At this point another customer at a nearby table talked to the manager and told him that she heard what the server said and that he had told them it would be more than an hour. The manager told them to either pay up or he’d call the cops. They ended up paying, but complained loudly the whole time while using many other racially insensitive names.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!