Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Things Can Weight To Be Said, Part 5

| Working | June 7, 2013

(I am just getting over a tonsillectomy. It’s been a long and extremely painful recovery. I am just starting to be able to eat, and also to talk after about two weeks of silence. I am thin to begin with, but I’ve lost 10 pounds due to the surgery.)

Waitress: “What can I get for you?”

My Mom: “I’ll just have a diet coke.”

Waitress: “Okay.”

(The waitress begins to leave without even asking me, so I speak up, albeit extremely hoarsely.)

Me: “Um, miss? You didn’t take my order.”

Waitress: “I assumed YOU didn’t want anything.”

Me: “Well, I do. Can I get a chocolate shake and a soup?”

Waitress: “Why don’t you get some real food? You’re skin and bones!”

Me: “I can’t have—”

Waitress: “Then again, I don’t want you to waste this restaurant’s food with your disorder.”

My Mom: “Excuse us?! Disorder?”

Waitress: “She’s obviously bulimic. Look at her! And she’s all hoarse from puking!”

Me: “No, I’m on a soft food diet for medical reasons.”

My Mom: “She just had her tonsils out.”

Waitress: “Uh huh. Sure.”

Me: “Can I speak to your manager?”

Waitress: “Fine, whatever.”

Manager: “What seems to be the problem?”

My Mom: “Your waitress accused my daughter of being bulimic. She just had her tonsils out. That’s why she’s so skinny and hoarse. Can we please have her food? She’s starving!”

Manager: “Well, she’s so d*** skinny! Of course she’s starving!”

Me: “I don’t have an eating disorder. Do you want to see my throat?”

Manager: “If I have to.”

(I use light from phone to show him the scars and stitches in my throat.)

My Mom: “…And we would like a discount on our bill for the trouble!”

(The manager ended up not charging us because he felt so bad, and he ended up firing the waitress eventually. Luckily I’m all healed up and I’ve gained back five pounds.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!