Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Sports Fans Need To CHILL, Part 2

, , , , , , , , , , | Friendly | January 28, 2023

While visiting family in Phoenix, we went to a Diamondbacks baseball game. At the time, the team wore uniforms in teal and purple. We didn’t have any Diamondbacks gear, so we just planned to wear whatever teal or purple we had. Another fan sitting a row or two behind us must have had the same idea; she was wearing a purple shirt from a college football team a few states away.

Apparently, this was a great offense to a fan of the visiting team a row in front of us. He took it upon himself to berate the woman for wearing the “wrong color purple.” True, her shirt was a deeper purple, but it was ridiculous how much he cared or that he even noticed. The two started arguing back and forth, and suddenly, the man threw his (plastic, fortunately) beer bottle at the woman.

The fan next to her deftly caught it just before it hit her in the face and immediately threw it back right where it came from, beaning the man right on the head.

Ballpark security arrived then and ejected the man. They must have been okay with the shade of the woman’s shirt; she was allowed to stay. Even better, the visiting fan’s team lost, too.

Related:
Some Sports Fans Need To CHILL

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!