Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Sandwiches Are Just Worth Waiting For

, , , , | Working | March 18, 2020

I have a bald head and a long beard; this will become important later in the story. A chain of restaurants currently has a very popular sandwich in stock, and it’s become all the rage; even news stories have been written about it. Unfortunately, it’s being sold at a fast food restaurant that doesn’t have a great reputation for being fast or friendly to their customers. 

My wife wants to try the sandwich, so I get there right about rush hour, 5:00 pm, when most people are getting off work and on their way home. The line for the drive-thru is backed up out of the parking lot and into the street, so I park my car and go inside to place my order, where there’s another sizable line. 

One register is taking cash while the other is taking only credit/debit card transactions. I get in the line for cash transactions, place my order, and am even offered a free soft drink while I wait, because the employee tells me it is going to be a bit of a wait. I thank him and sit at a table to wait for my food. Having worked fast food before, I understand what can happen when you get slammed with customers, so I take it all in stride. 

Not only is the restaurant understaffed, but they seriously underestimated how much food they would need for the evening rush. Eventually, the orders start being filled, and after about 20 minutes or so, my ticket number is called. I go up to collect my food, and as I turn to leave, I hear one of the women still in line mutter under her breath, “That boy has been here so long he grew a beard.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!