Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Woke Up On The Wrong Side Of Life

, , , , | Right | September 23, 2018

(It is a very busy dinner rush and this family walks up. No smiles or polite small talk, already rude. I’m hard of hearing, and they start to get upset that I have to repeat questions sometimes. I finish the order and they walk away. Five minutes later the mom returns.)

Customer: “My son wants to change his order!”

(Again, it’s the middle of dinner rush, and she has cut the line that is almost to the door.)

Me: “Okay, ma’am, it’s just going to take me a second because I have to void out part of the transaction and resend it through. It’ll just take a second. Is that all right?”

Customer: “I don’t see what the big deal is! People change their orders all the time.”

Me: “Okay, I just need a moment to—”

Customer: “Can you just ask someone?”

(I flag down my shift lead who just makes a quick change for her to keep the line moving. No muss no fuss. And instead of going back to her family, she decides to get on my case again.)

Customer: “I don’t think that was a big deal or a problem. I think you didn’t know what to do and you have a problem with me.”

Me: “Is there anything else I can do for you today, ma’am?”

(She walks away all huffy.)

Me: “Well, okay… Have a great night, then.”

(Guess there’s no satisfying some people.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!