Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 21

, , , , , | Right | April 24, 2023

I am at the cash register doing a transaction with a young woman.

Me: “All right, your total is [total]. Would you like your receipt?”

Customer: *Mumbles for a few seconds* “No.” *Mumbles again*

I click no receipt and finish her transaction.

Me: “Okay, you are all set. Have a nice day, ma’am.”

Customer: *Mumbles* “My receipt?”

Me: “My apologies, I thought you said no. I can print for you if you’d like.”

Customer: *Mumbles*

Me: “I’m sorry. I’m having a hard time hearing you. Would you like me to print your receipt?”

Customer: *Mumbles* “Yes.”

I go ahead and start the process of printing it off which, for whatever reason, involves calling over one of the managers to approve it.

Me: “Just a moment, ma’am. I’ll need my manager to come over to approve it and then it will print.”

It takes a few minutes to get an available manager to come over. There is an entire conversation between the manager and me about printing it in front of the woman. Once it’s printed, I hand it to her, but she stands there staring at the receipt, looking confused.

Me: “Is there anything else I can help you with today?”

Customer: “I didn’t need my receipt.”

She then threw away the receipt in the trashcan right next to the register. My manager was just as confused as I was.

Related:
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 20
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 19
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 18
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 17
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 16

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!