Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 11

, , | Right | October 1, 2021

My dad, my husband, and I are at a popular hardware store. I’m in another aisle and so miss the first part of this interaction, but my dad fills me in later. He is speaking with my husband and standing a little ways into the center of the aisle when he notices a couple of customers want to pass by. He steps to the side and offers an apology.

Customer: *Loudly and sarcastically* “Yeah, I bet you’re really sorry!”

Dad: *Confused* “I… Yes. I said I was sorry I was in your way.”

My dad and husband leave the aisle and move toward where I am, and I start to catch the conversation. The couple FOLLOWS them, with the man continuing to yell about how rude my dad was, how he should have known the store would be crowded, etc. Dad apologizes yet again, and I walk over to see if I need to intervene before the man finally walks away in a huff.

Dad: *After explaining what happened* “What the h*** was that about?”

Me: “I think he was looking for a reason to be angry. Hope he doesn’t take it out on some poor cashier, too.”

Good luck to anyone else who even remotely inconvenienced that guy!

Related:
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 10
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 9
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 8
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 7
Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn, Part 6

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!