Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Just Need To Stay Silent

| Right | August 17, 2012

(I am participating in the Day Of Silence and my boss, being understanding because her brother is gay and was assaulted for it a year ago, has let me wear my DOS pin while on my shift. He’s put me on restock and check-in duty so I don’t have to handle customers. A few customers have noticed my pin and were understanding and even supportive, but not this next customer…)

Customer: *walks over to me, passing up three other employees*” Excuse me, I have a question.”

(I shrug in apology and show her my pin.)

Coworker: “Ma’am, she’s not on register duty today for personal reasons, but I can help you.”

Customer: “No! I asked her to help me, so she has to do what I say!” *to me* “Why the h*** aren’t you doing your job? Sitting back here all day, twiddling your thumbs while your coworkers do all the work… you’re a lazy b****! You should be fired!”

Me: *completely shocked*

Boss: “Excuse ME, ma’am, but she is doing her job. You’re going to stop harassing my employees now or I will have to ask you to leave.”

Customer: “But she’s not even answering questions! She’s just sitting there not helping anyone!”

Boss: “I have her on non-interactive duty today because she’s taking part in the Day of Silence in support of the LGBT community.”

Customer: *aghast* “You let your employees support f*****s?! What the h*** is wrong with you?! People like that are evil sinners that should be shot in the street! They don’t even have rights anyway!”

Boss: “And that’s what the Day of Silence commemorates: gays that have been bullied and killed by hateful and ignorant people like you. You can leave my store now and don’t come back.”

Customer: “Oh my God! You’re all soulless queers! I’m getting out of here before I catch your gay curse and burn in H***!” *practically runs out of the store*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!