Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Just Like To Watch The Holidays Burn

, , , | Right | November 29, 2019

(It is Black Friday. A customer comes in to do a return on several TV mounts. She has no receipt, and the purchase was not made with her rewards account or with her card. Eventually, I find two of the three TV mounts on her brother’s account. They were purchased almost a year ago.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but we can’t do the return. It’s way outside the return policy and I can only find two of them.”

(She goes off about how her parents’ house burned down and a manager told her they would be able to return the mounts any time. After several managers tell her no and she still won’t give in, the general manager says to do it. The one mount I can’t find will not have tax returned because there is no proof of purchase. She sees this and yells about over $10.)

Me: “You are lucky we even did this; it was purchased a year ago.”

Customer: “I hope your parents’ house burns down.”

(This was after she got her return, and on the day after Thanksgiving. Nice.)


This story is part of our Black Friday 2023 roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

25 Crazy Tales Of Black Friday Madness!

 

Read the first Black Friday 2023 roundup story!

Read the Black Friday 2023 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!