Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Just Can’t Fathom Being Charitable On Purpose

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: MangoNotBanana | January 15, 2023

I am selling figurines of Bernie Sanders as he looked at the Presidential Inauguration. All the profit is going to [Food Pantry], an organization that has “Asian” in its name and specifically helps Asian seniors with access to food.

I get this message to my online store from a potential customer.

Customer: “Hi. Is your price firm on the Bernie statues?”

Me: “Hi. These figurines are made with the profit going to [Food Pantry], so I can’t go any lower than the advertised price.”

Customer: “Okay… Your ad says that you are keeping five dollars for the material cost, so that’s how much it costs to produce them. So, can you sell them to me for five dollars each without making a donation?”

Me: “No, I cannot do that.”

Customer: “Why can’t you sell them to me for five dollars? You are not losing out on anything!”

Me: “If it helps you out, I can sell you an unpainted figurine for five dollars and you can paint it yourself. It can be a nice fun project. And I will donate the five dollars to [Food Pantry] under your name.”

Customer: “No, I want to buy the painted ones for five dollars each. I will buy six of them, so you will be making thirty dollars. That’s how much you will be making off of them, anyway. I think these will sell great at my shop, and if they do well, I can buy more from you. So you get long-term business from me.”

Me: “Here’s the thing. Five dollars won’t even cover the time it takes for me to paint them. I am donating my time to the charity, which is why I am only taking five dollars for material costs. Also, the point of this is to raise money for [Food Pantry]. The fact that we are even having this conversation is disgusting.”

Customer: “Well, f*** you! F****** [Asian Race] b*****ds! I am going to bomb your page with negative reviews and call you out on social media. I have already doxed you, so you can go f*** yourself!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!