Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Have Real Proms

| Romantic | June 3, 2015

(I am talking online with a guy I’m interested in. We are talking about how bad our proms were. He’s in college and I’m in university.)

Me: “My prom was pretty bad. I was ditched by three dates, and I had to bribe my date to go with me as a friend by promising her I’d take her to a buffet for dinner. How lame is that?”

Him: “Oh, wow, sorry to hear. I wish I could have gone with you! Actually, my prom was kind of lame, too. I went with a close friend of mine, but she had a boyfriend who she was dreamy about and kept mentioning him during prom. We barely danced and she left before after-prom.”

Me: “Yeah, I had a good time and wore a pretty dress and everything. It just wasn’t the prom of my dreams, you know? Too bad it only happens once.”

Him: “Maybe it doesn’t have to happen once. Maybe we can have our own prom somehow.”

Me: “You mean, like a do-over?”

Him: “Yeah, maybe dress up, go out to dinner, go somewhere to listen to music and dance. I’ll even wear my tux.”

Me: “That’d be amazing! Are we really going to do it?”

Him: “Yeah, we’ll have our own prom. And it’ll be amazing.”

Me: “Yeah, it will.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!