Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Have Never Been Told “No” And It Shows, Part 5

, , , , , | Right | June 6, 2022

I am twelve weeks pregnant. Being that I’m on the chubby side, you can’t tell yet. This particular Thursday, I go to the mall straight from work to avoid the big weekend crowds and hopefully lessen the risk of getting sick. I manage to find parking in an “expectant mothers/parents with small children” space. I get out of my car, purse and mask in hand, and a woman approaches me.

Woman: “You can’t park there!”

Me: “Excuse me? Why not?”

Woman: “Can’t you read? ‘Expectant mothers or parents with small children’! You don’t have kids with you!”

Me: “Not that it’s your business, but I’m an expectant mother.”

I turn and walk away toward the mall entrance. She follows me to keep complaining.

Woman: “No, you’re not! You’re just a fat-a** who doesn’t want to walk from the other end of the parking lot! Go move your car!”

Me: *Still walking* “No.”

Woman: “I said go move it!”

Me: “And I said no.”

I’m almost to the entrance at this point and I see the woman flagging down a mall security patrol car. I continue to the door but hear the guard call me back out.

Me: “What’s the problem, sir?”

Security Guard: “This woman tells me you’ve parked illegally?”

Me: “I parked at one of the pink pillars marked for pregnant women and parents with small kids. She doesn’t believe I’m pregnant and I don’t care. I just want to do my shopping and go home.”

Security Guard: “Is this true, ma’am?”

Woman: “She’s lying! Make her prove she’s pregnant!”

Security Guard: “I’m not going to do that. If she parked in one of those spots, she must need it.”

Woman: “This is ridiculous! You’re just going to let this lazy, fat b**** park wherever? What if someone who actually needs the space shows up? She has to move!”

Security Guard: *To me* “You’re all set, ma’am. I’m sorry to trouble you. Have a good holiday and congratulations.”

I walked back to the mall entrance, hearing the woman continue to yell. I saw the guard again when I left a while later and it turned out the woman was minding everyone else’s business. She didn’t even need the parking spot; she just wanted something to complain about.

Related:
Some People Have Never Been Told “No” And It Shows, Part 4
Some People Have Never Been Told “No” And It Shows, Part 3
Some People Have Never Been Told “No” And It Shows, Part 2
Some People Have Never Been Told “No” And It Shows

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!