Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some People Are An Insult To Their Self (Serve)

, , , , | Right | April 10, 2019

(I work in a grocery store deli. Our wing bar is self-serve. A female customer has been standing in front of it for several minutes as I help someone else at the counter. I assume she is trying to decide which flavor she wants, but when I move to help the next person at the counter, the woman at the wing bar freaks out.)

Customer: “Ex-cuse me! I was next!”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were getting wings.”

Customer: “I am getting wings!”

Me: “The wings are self-serve, ma’am.”

Customer: “You mean I’m supposed to get them myself?!”

Me: “Ah, yes.”

(She glares at me like she wants to wring my neck as she roughly piles several wings into a plastic tray. I hand the customer at the counter a slice of ham to sample, but the woman buying wings walks over and uses the tray to push my hand away.)

Customer: “Weigh it.”

Me: *obviously frustrated* “We don’t weigh the wings here, ma’am.”

Customer: “What the h*** do you mean, you don’t weigh them here?!”

Me: “You just take them to the checkout.”

Customer: “Take them to the checkout?! How are those people supposed to know how much this is?!”

Me: “They have scales built into the barcode reader.”

Customer: *dramatically bringing a hand to her face and waving it around* “So, you’re telling me that you don’t serve me the wings and you don’t price them, either?! You don’t do any part of the entire process?!”

Me: “Yes.”

(She pulls the top off the tray, which she had sealed, and slams it down as hard as she can onto the counter, sending wings flying everywhere.)

Customer: “F*** YOU!”

(She stomps out of the store screaming about “f****** rude a**holes.”)

Me: “I love my job.”


This story is part of our I Love My Job roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

14 Times Awesome Customers Proved That They Do Exist!

 

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the I Love My Job roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!