Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Owners Need To Be Kept On A Short Leash

, , , | Right | July 30, 2012

(I’m a park ranger in a large urban park. The ranger program is new, so people aren’t used to having to follow the rules. One guy in particular is bad about his dog being off leash.)

Me: “Sir, this is the second time I’ve seen you with your dog at large. Next time, I’m going to write you a ticket.”

Guy: “This is ridiculous. Where were you two months ago when she was attacked by two dogs?”

Me: “Sir, if I had been here, I promise I would have done everything I could—”

Guy: “I mean, you don’t write THEM a ticket! You just come after ME! My dog is perfectly behaved! Being on a leash stresses her out! You should go after the other people!”

Me: “Sir, were the other dogs off leash?”

Guy: “Yeah, they were!”

Me: “So, if they had been on leash, your dog wouldn’t have gotten attacked?”

Guy: “Yeah, that’s right!”

Me: “So, would you agree that’s it’s in everyone’s best interest for all dogs to be on leash and under the control of their owners?”

Guy: “Yeah! I mean, wait… except mine! D*** IT!” *storms off*

(His dog is now on a leash every time I see him, although he claims she is traumatized by it. The dog? She seems rather nonchalant about the whole thing.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!