Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Only Live For The Olive

| Right | March 8, 2013

(I’m a shopper at a high end grocery store. I stop at the olive bar to get olives for a party I’m having tonight. I’m blocked by a shopper who is grilling a store employee about something. She apparently isn’t happy about the selection and wants the store employee she’s talking to do something about it.)

Store Employee: *to a shopper* “…I will let the manager know.”

Shopper: “Well, what good will that do?! Can’t you just let the company know that customers want these kinds of olives?”

Store Employee: “I don’t have a way of contacting the supplier, so my only option is to contact the manager and have him pass on your request.”

Shopper: “This isn’t good enough! Why can’t I contact the supplier myself?”

Store Employee: “Ma’am, I don’t have that information. I can only talk to my manager and let him know what you want and hopefully, he’ll be able to get the olives you want.”

(The old woman chews her out and walks away. The employee just looks DEJECTED on a Friday afternoon, so I put my arm around her, and tell her…)

Me: “When you get home, look up notalwaysright.com, and know that you are not alone. I’m not in the service sector, but I appreciate all you do for us, despite crabby old bats like that woman. Thanks for working and helping us out!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!