Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Kids Need A Real Dressing Down

, , , , , | Right | June 22, 2022

I work for a large retail store that sells everything but cars. I have to deal with a lot, but nothing comes close to bratty children. I am doing restock when a little girl and her mother come up to me. The girl is holding one of those life-size dolls that you can buy sets of clothes, accessories, and even room decor for.

Customer: “Excuse me, miss. Do you know where we can find [Brand] doll dresses?”

Me: “Oh, sure, follow me.”

I take them to the designated aisle and the little girl glances at the clothes for no less than five seconds.

Customer’s Daughter: “Mommy, I hate all of these dresses.”

The mother turns to me.

Customer: “Do you have any others?”

Me: “No, we have only what is on the shelves.”

Cue the girl throwing down the doll and going into a grade-A temper tantrum.

Customer’s Daughter: *Screaming* “NO, NO, NO, NO! I WANT PRETTY CLOTHES FOR MY DOLL! THESE ARE ALL UGLY!”

Customer: *A bit frantic* “Can you check in the back? Please?”

Me: “Sorry, I can’t. What we have to offer is on the shelves. Can I help you find anything else?”

Customer: *Now bitter and harsh* “No, I guess not.”

Me: “Have a good rest of your day.”

I walked back to my restock post. I later found out from one of the cashiers that the mother decided to buy NEWBORN CLOTHES for her daughter’s doll.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!