Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Four-Year-Olds Are So Clingy

, , , | Working | February 15, 2021

A new small “independent” cinema opens near us. We don’t visit the cinema often, but our young daughter wants to see the new “ice princess” film, so we decide to go. We arrive, buy two adult tickets and one child ticket for the film, and go to check into the screen. The usher rips our tickets.

Usher: “That’s G12, E15, and H21. Enjoy the film.”

Me: “Pardon? Aren’t we together?”

Usher: “No, you’ve got three separate seats. Were they supposed to be together?”

Me: *Pointing at our daughter* “She’s four. Yes, we need to be together. Why did they give us separate seats?”

Usher: “Just a moment…”

He calls for a manager and tells him what happened.

Manager: “I’m sorry, just step over here a moment.”

He takes us to the concessions stand and tells us to order some drinks and popcorn on him. Then, we see him go to the ticket cashier and have a furious whispered conversation. He comes back with new tickets, and the cashier is red-faced and glaring at us.

Manager: “I’m so sorry. Here are your new tickets; please enjoy the film.”

We had a lovely time, but I’m still not sure what the ticket cashier thought she was doing!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!