Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Decent Train-ing

| Right | July 8, 2015

(I’m tired and it’s really late. I take the train home, only to hear that there’s a problem on my normal route and I’ll have take a different one. At this point I’m not in the best of moods, only made worse when I have to switch trains at a station I’m unfamiliar with and have trouble finding out where to go. The end result is that I rush down the stairs to the correct platform, just as the train has closed its doors and starts to leave. Due to the station layout I’m standing at the front of the train and can see the driver. To my utter surprise he seems to spot me as well, hits the brakes, and throws open the door to his cab.)

Driver: “You need to go to [Station]?”

Me: “Umm, yes. Yes, I do!”

Driver: “All right! Quickly, then! Come right this way!”

(He then allowed me to step into the cab and move to the body of the train from there. He saved me from having to wait in the cold, late at night, and seriously made my entire day. I gleefully tell people about the day someone stopped a train for me. I never did dare to send some sort of praise towards the train company, as I fear what he did was not officially allowed, but train driver, if you’re out there, thank you so much!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!