Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Customers Hit You Like A… Well…

, , , , | Right | January 10, 2022

I work for a car dealership. My job is to monitor the website. When someone requests more information about a particular vehicle, it comes in as a “lead.” To send in a lead, the customer must put in their email address, phone number, and name, and they are notified that someone will be reaching out. My job is to watch for these leads and reach out to customers as quickly as possible after the customer requests information about a vehicle to help answer their questions and see if they’d like to come to take a look at it.

A lead for a truck has just come through.

Me: “Hello, sir, my name is [My Name] and I am reaching out about your interest in our [Brand] truck. I’m happy to answer—”

Customer: “DON’T SAY ANOTHER WORD! DON’T CALL ME AGAIN! I’M GOING TO COME TO THE STORE AND PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!”

The customer then hangs up on me. I go down to tell my manager what has just happened in case the guy actually does come in. One of the salesmen, an old, grumpy retired Marine who is also quite the rough-and-tumble cowboy, is standing nearby listening to our conversation. He and I are good friends, and he looks out for me like one of his granddaughters. I mention I’ve been threatened with physical violence.

Salesman: “I’d love it if he came in here. I’d like to see him try and get past the door.”

He then stationed himself next to the door for the rest of the night!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!