Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Customers Are Completely See-Through

, , , , , | Right | December 2, 2010

(When a customer at the store uses a credit card, we always need ID and either the last four digits and/or the security code on the back.)

Me: “All right, sir, I’ll just need to see your ID and credit card for a second.”

Customer: *hands me ID* “2-9-4-7!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I have to see the credit card for security reasons.”

Customer: *shouting slowly* “2-9-4-7!”

Me: “Yes, sir, I heard you. But I need to be able to see the card.”

Customer: “No. No way. I never let anyone see my card. You people are just trying to take my numbers and use my card for yourselves! No way!”

Me: “I promise you, sir, I will not be able to memorize your sixteen-digit number and know your security number by looking at the front of the card for less than two seconds.”

Customer: “I know a girl who can do it!”

Me: “Well, I do not have that kind of memory, but what if you put your finger over the numbers and just show me the name on the card and the last four digits? I absolutely must see the card, sir, or you will have to pay with a different method.”

Customer: “Well… I guess that would be okay. You don’t have X-ray vision, do you?”

Me: *laughs* “No. No, I don’t.”

Customer: “Don’t laugh! I know someone who does!”


This story is part of the Clueless With Credit Cards roundup!

Read the next Clueless With Credit Cards roundup story!

Read the Clueless With Credit Cards roundup!


This story is part of our customer conspiracy theorists roundup!

Read the next customer conspiracy theorists roundup story!

Read the customer conspiracy theorists roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!