Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Customers Are Beyond Belief

, , , | Right | September 28, 2018

(I work as a sales receptionist for a luxury car brand. There are four of our brand dealerships in the state, but none of us are actually linked as businesses. I receive this call late in the afternoon.)

Me: “Hello, welcome to [My Dealership]. This is [My Name] speaking!”

Caller: “Hi. I want to talk to [Other Dealership], but their phones aren’t working!”

Me: “All right. We are a completely different company, but I can check their phone number on Google for you.”

Caller: “Please do that.”

Me: *gives her the number*

Caller: “That’s the one I have tried; I need to speak to marketing!”

Me: “All right, well, they do have an option to be contacted via email or through the website. Could I give you an email to try?”

Caller: “Excuse me, but not everyone has a computer.”

(She has been pleasant so far, so I have no reason to not want to help. I plan to offer to email her phone number to them so they could call back. I have a couple of calls coming through, so I ask if she minds if I place her on hold for a moment, and she says she doesn’t mind. One call is quick, but the other is taking a while, so I put that call on hold so I can update the lady looking for the other dealership.)

Me: “I am so sorry for keeping you on hold. There is a high level of calls at the moment, but it will only be another minute until I am able to keep assisting.”

Caller: “I don’t believe you. Goodbye.”

(And then she swiftly ended the call, leaving me a little surprised and upset, but able to continue assisting our actual customers.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!