Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Customers’ Ability To Read Is On Sale

, , , | Right | March 6, 2020

(I work in a busy clothing store that is known for its high customer service. It is nearing the end of my shift after a busy day of having nearly everything on sale. A woman approaches and enquires about the sale.)

Me: “Well, dresses and scarves are 50% off, tops are buy-one-get-one-50%-off, T-shirts are buy-one-get-one-free, jewelry is half off if you spend $40 or more today, and accessories are 40% off.”

Customer: “Okay, so everything is half off.”

Me: “No… dresses and scarves are 50% off, tops are buy-one-get-one-50%-off, T-shirts are buy-one-get-one-free, jewelry is half off if you spend $40 or more today, and accessories are 40% off.”

(I repeat that a few more times before she nods and leaves. A few minutes later, she reappears holding a T-shirt.)

Customer: “So, this is half off?”

Me: “No, only dresses and scarves are half off, and jewelry if you spend $40. That’s a T-shirt, so it is buy-one-get-one-free.”

Customer: *holds up a blouse* “So, this is buy-one-take-one?”

Me: “No, ma’am, that’s a blouse. Only T-shirts are buy-one-get-one-free. That’s buy-one-get-half-off.”

(I point to the signage that is above every rack, shelf, and table which clearly states the sale.)

Customer: “Oh, okay!”

(My shift is over and I go to the back room to collect my stuff. As I am leaving, now with my coat, purse, and bags, the customer approaches me yet again.)

Customer: “Is this on sale?” *holding a pair of jeans*

Me: “No, dresses and scarves are 50% off, tops are buy-one-get-one-50%-off, T-shirts are buy-one-get-one-free, jewelry is half off if you spend $40 or more today, and accessories are 40% off!”

Customer: “So, dresses and… dress pants?”

Me: “No! Only dresses and scarves. Look, ma’am, I’m off shift. There are signs everywhere to tell you the sale. Please read the signs before you ask again.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!